Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Started Mocking Up the Altoona Backdrop


 As mentioned previously, I ordered some urban photo backdrops off eBay (seller a.b.b.r_81 (link). What I got was a sheet with five two-foot long sections of generic urban building printed on sturdy paper. Ultimately this gives you a roughly 10-foot backdrop. Not bad for $32!

I started by rolling the section up the opposite way from which it came rolled. This allowed it to lay somewhat flat. Next I cut out the first section and mounted it to some foam core board with Elmer's spray adhesive. 

The next step was to painstakingly cut around each individual building with a razor blade. A good bit of work for sure, but nothing I can't handle. As of right now, the first section is temporarily in place with a bit of masking tape. 

At the moment, I'm not sure if I want the buildings at track level or raised up a bit with some kind of retaining wall. I do know I have to somehow fill the gap between the wall and the layout, a task I am dreading. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment