Saturday, September 11, 2021

Train Show Haul





 As threatened I went to a train show in Simpsonville, SC this morning. It was a small show, but there were some deals to be had. 

On the N Scale front, I was hunting urban buildings and managed to buy four nicely-detailed buildings. Some of the bases will have to come off and the modern cars have got to go. But otherwise, they're quite nice.

I also picked up five ore cars for my I1 to pull. They're quite elderly and as such are equipped with Rapido couplers and deep wheel flanges. The later will have to be replaced. The former I can live with as these cars will be run in a unit train that will pass from one staging yard to the other.



 
I also picked up a few things for my children's (really mine) O Gauge layout, the V&R Railroad. One vendor was selling a Lionel USRA 0-8-0 and a trio of freight cars for 60 bucks. That was smoking deal so I snapped that up. That is my son's Victor's train to run. 

I also scored a Lionel Percy for my daughter Rosie. They are both super excited to come upstairs and run the trains. That makes me happy. 

And what Lionel layout is complete without some of those cantankerous operating accessories? None! I snapped up this operating gateman.

Speaking of the V&R Railroad, it's lived on the carpet long enough. I'm planning to build a 5x8 table for all this stuff along with a kid-friendly control panel.


No comments:

Post a Comment