Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Finished Blair Line's Green Door Lounge Kit


 Wow, more posts this month than all of 2020! Suffice to say, my enthusiasm is rekindled. Anyway, on to what I actually did.

Today's project was building Blair Line's Green Door Lounge kit. I thought this kit would look right at home by the Juanita Shop complex. I'm sure the guys who work there would appreciate a place to grab a few brews and let off steam after a hard day of keeping K4s and I1s on the rails.

I went with Floquil "Reefer White" on the walls, "Coach Green" on the windows and trim, and "Grimy black" on the roof. Assembly was a tad tedious but much easier that the Railroad Rooming House. 

One thing I love is the assortment of old-timey bill boards that come with this kit. I have a feeling a few of them may end up on some of my other buildings.

Now I need to scavenge some more buildings. There's train show coming up on the 11th. Perhaps I'll find some there. Although the Delta variant, I'm not sure I'll go.

No comments:

Post a Comment