Saturday, February 3, 2018

The Johnstown Industrial Track is Operational




Another productive afternoon on the railroad. I guess the title kid of sums up what I did. I had to wire up a feeder to get the out main operational again. So I figured since I was already in wiring mode, I might as well put on my big boy pants and get it all done. Long-time readers of this blog already know how I feel about wiring so, 'nuff said.

NW2 Number 5519 had the honors of being the first locomotive to move under her own power on the line. There were a few hiccups, but I was able to run the length of the track and pickup and spot cars on the sidings. So yay, nice to have that millstone from around my neck

While I was at it, I also laid the track for the Pittsburgh Staging lead and installed the foam mountain in the corner of the layout. Now all that remains to be done is finish plastering the road, plaster the remaining mountains, paint the ground and roads and apply the turf. All? That's a lot actually. Oh and I forgot building and street lights and ballasting track. I better get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment