Sunday, February 4, 2018

Ballast, Turf and More






Another productive afternoon of chipping away at the Johnstown to do list. First and formost, I ballasted bout half of the industrial track. You already know of my misgivings with ballasting so I won't bore yo with them again. But I will say this, this ballasting experience was pretty painless as far as that particular task goes.

With the ballasting done, I went ahead and applied the turf around Superior Paper and the ice house. With the turf in place, the scene really started to come together. But there's still plenty to be done.
I think the next project will be to paint the gutters in between the yard tracks black. This will make accidental holes in the ballast much less noticeable. 

The last thing I did scenery wise was to add a pair of Tichy Train Group crossing signs at the grade crossing.
 
Another little project was to add about eight inches of track to the Water Street Freight Terminal siding. This came about because I was spotting boxcars and found my little NW2 didn't quite respond to the throttle quickly enough. My boxcars ended up on the ground. The extra bit of track gives an operator a bit more margin for error.

No comments:

Post a Comment