Friday, February 2, 2018

Making Tacks

Not a whole lot to report here. But, I laid the roadbed for the staging yard lead and cut a tunnel through the styrofoam. I stuck and Chooch Industries tunnel portal left over from my last layout at the tunnel mouth. The next step will be track.

Although the section of track is relatively short and straight, it's in a nearly inaccessible area of the layout. So naturally me enthusiasm for the project has been limited. But I have to get it done before I cane finish up a lot of other projects. So rahter than procrastinate and let the season slip away, I'm forcing myself to do it.


Speaking of tedious projects, I dug out my jar of "Rail Brown" and started painting the rails on the Johnstown Industrial Track.  This is another one of those jobs, like wiring, that I can only stand in small doses. It's kind of funny how my supposedly relaxing hobby has a lot of pain-in-the-ass jobs we dread.

No comments:

Post a Comment