Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Finished Rslaserkits' Outhouse

I picked this kit up at the Hub City Railroad Museum for $2. It comes with a trio of outhouses. I figured the folks visiting Horseshoe Curve could use some kind of facility for, in the words of Bachmann Turner Overdrive, takin' care of business.

I started out by hitting the kit with a coat of Minwax "Special Walnut" stain. Once it dried overnight, I cut the pieces from their sprue and proceeded to glue them together. This was my first laser-cut since Branchline Trains "Tower House." (Link)  That kit was a total knock-down, drag-out slug fest. This kit wasn't nearly as bad, but it did remind me of why laser kits are challenging.

The glue kept wanting to stick the pieces to my fingers and not each other. It ended up demolishing the damn thing several times before getting it put together. So that explains all the glue shmootz on the walls. But since this thing will be viewed from about five feet away, nobody's going to notice.

So that's that, a lot of blather for a four-walls-and-a-roof kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment