Thursday, November 1, 2018

2017-18 Annual Progress Report

Well, folks, it's that time of year again. The layout has been under construction for five years now. I can hardly believe it; time flies. There is very little of the layout left to scenic at this point.

Let's have a look a the progress, shall we?

Track 100% complete to the original plan, plus industrial sidings in Johnstown.

Wiring 99% Complete, no I still haven't done the engine yard at Altoona. Now quit bugging me about it.

DCC Conversion: System install 100% complete, PRR Fleet 100% complete, NS Fleet: 60% complete.

Scenery: 90% complete. All that remains is about a quarter of Johnstown and all of Altoona. Scenery should be done by 2020.

Last year my primary goals were building of staging yards, adding new industries and sidings at Johnstown and finishing the scenery at Johnstown. Funds didn't permit the staging yard construction. However, the switch of the main line and lead were installed.

I added three new rail-served industries to Johnstown and a new industrial spur to serve them. This should keep several operators busy.

I didn't finish Johnstown but I am close. I should be able to knock it out this year.

My goals for this year are to finish Johnstown and go around a redo a few areas. As you all know, I took a trip up to Altoona this summer. And boy did that show me everything I got wrong! So I intend to address this.

Another goal is to try and knock out all the tedious scut work. I'm talking about wiring, rail painting, and ballasting. There's not a lot of it left, so why not get it done already?

So that's it for this progress report. I am participating in NaNoWriMo again this year so there won't be much work done on the layout until December. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment