Thursday, July 3, 2014

Worst ballasting experiance ever!

I ballasted the tracking leading up theright sie of Horseshoe Curve about a week ago. In general ballasting track sucks but this paerticular go round was jsut a nightmare. First off, no matter how much I moved it around with a paint brush, I just couldn't get the ballast nice and neat.

Second of all, I don't know what it is about Woodland Scenics ballast, but the stuf just a total pain in the ass to glue! I've tried spraying it with all kinds of wetting agents to make the glue flow all the way into the ballast but none of them help. I've tried water with dish soal added to it and I've tried denatured alcohol. The result is the same, when I go to vacuum up the loose stuff, larg chunks of ballast co up. I swear the stuff is coated with teflon!

No comments:

Post a Comment