Sunday, January 21, 2018

Johnstown Industrial Track is finished

I guess the picture really sums it up, doesn't it? I laid the last section of the Johnstown Industrial Track leading to Superior Paper. Nothing unusual to report here, squirt the glue, pin down the roadbed and repeat with the track. The glue of course cooperated by drying. Now I just have to get all this track wired up.

As you can see, I've started taping out where the roads and parking lots will go.With the exception of the ice house, which has a gravel parking lot, all the rest will be asphalt or concrete. The will be one road that starts at Superior Paper and wends its way past all the industries before crossing the main line near the wall. I have a pair of NJ International crossing flashers I plan on hooking up at the main line crossing.

In other news, the Central Railroad Model and Historical Association is holding their annual train show in Easley, SC on February 9 & 10. As to whether or not I'll go, that's still undecided. The past few years, the show has been a bit of a disappointment with only a handful of vendors with N Scale.  Mostly it's just tables and tables of insanely junky old postwar Lionel. What's more, the sellers of said Lionel stuff more often than not, refuse to budge on their prices, usually citing some kind of price guide.

But Easley has always sort of marked the final push for the season before winter turns to spring and life's distractions start popping up. So, maybe I will go, if for no other reason than to get out of the house. I've learned a long time ago that sometimes the best deal at a train show is leaving with your money in your pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment