Friday, November 20, 2015

Take a model train to work day 2015

This has nothing to do with the layout, but it's still fun and gives me a chance to run a lot of my non-Pennsy equipment guilt free. Each year on the Friday before Thanksgiving, the publisher of Model Railroader magazine and the World's Greatest Hobby campaign hold Take a Model Train to Work Day. Since I work in customer service, this is a great oportunity to share the hobby with others.

I have a small portable layout that's base on the John Galt Line form Ayn Rand's novel Atlas Shrugged.

Here's the layout at the entrance to our lobby.
Since I work at a South Carolina Welcome Center, I tried to tie things in with our mission by putting out information about our state's railroad-related attractions.

Given the display's location, I decided to feature motive power from railroads that served the Palmetto State. The real Hmapton & Branchville #44 lives at the state railroad museum in Winsboro, SC. Since being built by Baldwin in 1927, she's only left the state once to be used in a TV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment