Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Horseshoe Curve Update


I haven't done too terribly much on the layout these past few days. I've been busy with schoolwork and projects around the house, so spare time has been fleeting. Also, I just haven't felt up to tackling the next major project, which is the ridge of hills near Kittanning Point and the lower lake bed. Plaster is a messy pain in the ass and sculpting styrofoam without a hot knife is, well, a pain in the ass. The one thing I have manged to get done is the upper lake. The water is in and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. The intake structure turned out nicely too.

Another thing that's been on my mind is where to go after the curve is finished. My original plan was to simply follow the tracks and move into Gallitzin next. But now I'm rethinking that. Part of me kind of wants to do some scenery on the western end of the layout, chiefly from the edge of Johnstown up to Cassandra. One thing I am certain of is leaving the urban areas of Altoona and Johnstown for last.

No comments:

Post a Comment