Thursday, February 13, 2014

Finished the Main Lines



Well it only took me three weeks but the two main lines glued down, wired up and operational. It's been a long tedious slog, but I'm glad I took the time to do it right. My trains run around flawlessly. Each main line loop is 136 feet long, a little more than four scale miles. It's realy neat to see full-length passenger trains and long frieghts run on the layout and seem like actually going somewhere instead of just around in circles. In fact, it takes the freight train nearly seven minutes to make a complete circuit!

All that remains for me to do in terms of track and wiring and are the staging yards, industrial sidings and a possible interchange. After that, it's time to dismantle the old layout and then I'll be building buildings for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment