Sunday, December 3, 2017

Making a Scene in Johnstown






This afternoon, I got lucky and both kids went down for their naps at the same time, leaving me a nice chunk of modeling time. In that time, I decided to finish the beginning of Johnstown. The fist thing I did was stain the rocks (I painted the mountains the previous night). Once that was done, I applied the lichen.

The the mountains themselves finished, I ballasted the main lines up to the crossovers and the short remaining section of the South Fork Branch. The latter is now ballasted for its entire length. I finished things off by adding some turf and talus to the bases of the mountains. Not bad for two hours.

I supposed my next step is to start finalizing the track work in Johnstown and finishing the scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment