Thursday, December 17, 2015

Finally finished Alloy Forms' "Yard Office Shed" kit


This is one of three kits from a defunct company called Alloy Forms that I picked up at a train show a few years ago. This kits are made out of pewter and as suck require CA to assemble. And we all know what a pain that can be. As such, it's taken me years of tinkering on an off to get this tiny little kit done. 

At any rate, I painted the walls and roof Floquil "Tuscan Red," the awning, tool box, base and lamp post "Roof Brown" and the chimneys "Grimy Black." This kit comes with a clunky metal base, which I feel cheapens the look of the structure. I ended up coating the base with matte medium and sprinkling on some Woodland Scenics black ballast. 

For weathering, I hit the building with a coat of weather wash, a coat of flat finish and then hit it with a mix of black and grey chalks. Then I sealed it all up with more flat finish. Not a bad way to spend an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment