Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Steam Team Gets a New Player

This locomotive was originally lettered for my freelanced Cherokee Foothills railroad. It hasn't seen service since the old CFRR became a fallen flag, which is a shame since she's a good runner. Despite the lack of a Belpaire firebox, the engine's high-mounted headlight and styling lines give it that brutish Pennsy look.

I started by removing the old CFRR decals. With that done, I brushed the tender sides, cab walls, boiler and pilot Floquil "Brunswick Green." I painted the cab roof and back tender deck Poly Scale "Tuscan." When that all dried, I slapped on some leftover Pennsylvania decals and called it done.

There you have it, a nice one-evening project. My apologies to the rivet counters everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment